Whites Fusion vs Dive Rite 905

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Queequeg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm in the market for a drysuit. My LDS carries both lines. I can't seem to find any comparisons on the web between these two. He has neither for me to try on. From the reviews, both seem to be good suits. Help me make up my mind or things I should consider in choosing one or the other.

Thank you.:cool2:

I've dove them both.

The 905 was like diving a DUI TLS - which is to say, didn't stretch, really - except the 905 didn't have the telescoping torso of the TLS and was difficult to bend over in. It's easy to pull on and I loved the welded seams, which just exude the "I will last forever" aura.

The Fusion has amazing flexibility, and is by far the easiest drysuit to "fly" that I've dove yet (the bubble just meanders around and is easy to control). I was sceptical of the durability at first, but after 800ish dives on my original suit, it turns out the double-layer system really can take an amazing amount of abuse. Pulling on the suit can be a learning experience at first, though. And the crotch will droop down when you're walking around on the surface interval, kinda like "Gangsta Pants". Did I say that the Fusion has flexibility that has to be tried to be believed?

Make your priorities and pick from the strengths that match. Briefly, the 905 is great on the surface; the Fusion shines when underwater.

All the best, James

I can't speak to Whites, never dove one, never even seen one. But, I can say this about the EXP 905. I am on my 3rd one in less than a year. Yup, 3 in a year. Those welded seams that some "love" like to separate. Alot. Now I'm on another one, Dive Rite keeps replacing them, but I'm tempted to just sell the next one and buy a TLS350. It's frustrating seeing a basically brand new suit only making about 30'ish dives before the welds on the seams start failing.

If you want the real skinny on drysuits, check with Steve Gamble in Gainesville, FL. He's the best drysuit guy in this nation and he'll shoot it to you straight. Google him, he's easy to find.

Back
Top Bottom