White's Fusion Limited skin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carrielsal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have decided to buy a Fusion. I am wondering who has gotten the Limited Skin and what you liked and didn't like. I know about the pocket sag issue with the tech skin. Was that resolved in 2009? My understanding is that the limited skin has some type of velcro to hold the pocket.
I have found quite a few very informative reviews for the Fusion and tech skin, but not much on the limited skin.

Carrie

Check on the Whites manufacturer page. They have a thread going on the LE skin. Also check over at diverightinscuba.com they have a couple videos for the LE skins.

Dont' know if you saw this thread:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/whites-manufacturing/287339-fusion-tech-le-drying-tips.html

Now, with some 20+ dives in the Fusion LE, I still like the suit a lot. It seems very easy to manage the bubble, although I only have a couple of pool dives in a regular trilam for comparison. So take that for what it is.

My current thoughts:

- pockets; the construction of the pockets is just too floppy. As opposed to the regular Tech skin I've seen, Whites didn't stitch in the bottom corners of the pockets. So these corners "flop" out . Also, the pocket material is very soft, and getting stuff out of, and I find in particular back into the pockets under water is pretty tricky. I know the pockets must be able to stretch to fit various user sizes. But if some of the panels in the pockets were made from a stiffer, non-stretch material both could be achieved.

In addition, my pockets are starting to tear at the top of the pocket at the stitching. It hasn't given way yet, but I have to wonder how long it'll last. And I don't load up my pockets; spool, small SMB and wetnotes so far.

- pockets sagging; yes, when on land. No problem in the water.

- Suit drying; takes longer and more user involvement than say a sport skin.

I know Whites is working on a "no-sag" solution for the pockets. I don't know if it's been implemented yet.

All in all I really like the suit, but there are issues. You'll need to decide if these are deal breakers for you.

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom