Whites Fusion Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello All,

I'd appreciate some input on the Whites Fusion Drysuit from users. Thanks.

Wendell Nope
801-209-5790 cell

Hey Wendell,

I met you at the Whites demo day with Dive Addicts in Utah a while back. If you query "Whites Fusion" on this site you should find alot of good information. Also check out the Whites Manufacturing forum on this site as alot of users post in there are well.

Actually a report on the Fusion vs a DUI CF200 by scubagadgets.com was recently posted in the Whites forum. You should check it out as it compares the capabilities of the Drysuits.

Cheers,

Justin

There are several threads by Fusion owners, but I'll give you my bottom line: I've had my suit for a little over a year. I have about 200 dives on it, in salt water and in caves, including some bottom crawling in Florida and some exits on my knees in Mexico. I absolutely love the suit, to the point where my backup suit is my HUSBAND's Fusion, and I never wear either of my other two drysuits any more. I have had no leak problems at all (except things I've done to the suit, like replacing the neck seal and putting in a p-valve). The exterior Lycra skin shows almost no wear at all -- a little pilling on the legs from crawling on limestone, is all.

The flexibility of the suit is unparalleled. It's extremely easy to dive. One does have to clean the inside of the suit and lubricate it with a dry lube to keep the lovely, slippery easy of entry, but since the suit is trivial to turn inside out, that's no big deal. It rolls up and packs beautifully and weighs almost nothing.

This is one cool suit.

Just got my fusion. I do like the ease of donning and doffing, the flexibility, and it feels very easy to dive in. Did 4 dives in Monterey last week end. First dive, the p-valve was leaking (factory installed). Tighten it up and it seems to have resolved the problem. Dives 3 and 4, leak at the neck seal (I could feel the cold water seeping in). The seal feel tight enough. Not sure what the problem is.

Back
Top Bottom