Whites Dry Suit Demo Sun Feb 21 - Sp Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many thanks to the staff at Tom's and White's drysuits for making this happen. I had an interesting time and learned a lot.

Anyone know if you still have to pay the $30 to get in?

I think Jeff is referring to the fee Aquarena Center charges for nonscience divers to use the training area.

Ugh. I'm missing too much diving!

I am trying to decide between a Whites Fusion or the DUI Tropical. I will only be using the suit in water temps down to 60 degrees. Can anyone help with which suit is better? Thanks, John

I am trying to decide between a Whites Fusion or the DUI Tropical. I will only be using the suit in water temps down to 60 degrees. Can anyone help with which suit is better? Thanks, John

John,
I own a Fusion with tech LE skin, so I can tell you about that. I am sure that others will chime in about the DUI's.
The warmth of the drysuit depends on the undergarments. I get cold very easily. I have the the MK2 undergarment for warmer waters like Spring Lake and the gulf. I have the MK3 for colder water, like the 50 degree lake right now.
The nice thing about the Fusion is the skin the covers it. I have no experience with other DS's, but it is suppose to make the air bubble easier to manage. I can gain or lose a few pounds and my DS still fits. I have the Fusion boots, but I tried the EVO's at the demo and liked them much better so I have a pair on order.
The downside of the Fusion is that it takes a long time to dry.
Here's a thread you might find of interest, http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/321796-dui-really-best.html.

I agree with Carrie about the White Fusion as I also own one and they are great. I dive in cold water 50 and under, so a complete dry suit is a must. There are some advantages to the tropical DS. They have seals around the leg opening so you can wear your normal Bootes and fins, where the Fusion has built in boot liners that are attached to the suit and you need to use White boots and in most cases require larger fins. The tropical DS also is lighter weight and go on and off much easier, and can be worn year round.

Hope that helps.

Dan

White's also has the Catalyst, but this is a pretty heavy duty DS. White's also has the MK1 undergarment which is lighter weight, but you can wear just about anything underneath. The inside bilaminate bag encompasses the feet, but the skin ends above the ankle and is attached to the bilaminate. I know of people who wear wetsuit booties with their Fusion.

Back
Top Bottom