Whites Dry Suit Demo Sun Feb 21 - Sp Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeppermintPaddi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Whites Demo (including the new Bullet Fusion)

Sunday February 21, 2010 at Aquarena Springs 12 - 4 p.m.

Excerpting from their ad:
  • 50 suits for folks to try - including the Bullet Fusion
  • Any certified diver over 18 can try one (bring your card) - dive cons and instuctors on hand
  • Bring all your personal gear (bc, regs, fins, mask, tanks, weights (and then some)
  • Tom's D&S will have half priced rental deals if you call ahead 451-3425
No connection with this except that I dive a Fusion in Spring Lake whenever I'm not roasting topside in the undergarments. It's sweet for longer/multiple dives.

Whites Demo (including the new Bullet Fusion)

Excerpting from their ad:
  • 50 suits for folks to try - including the Bullet Fusion
  • Any certified diver over 18 can try one (bring your card) - dive cons and instuctors on hand
  • Bring all your personal gear (bc, regs, fins, mask, tanks, weights (and then some)
  • Tom's D&S will have half priced rental deals if you call ahead 451-3425
No connection with this except that I dive a Fusion in Spring Lake whenever I'm not roasting topside in the undergarments. It's sweet for longer/multiple dives.

Here is someone out diving right now at Aquarena. Looks nice out there with the sunshine and warm water. See you tomorrow for our Holiday diving.

Attachments

• water.jpg
    water.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 96
That's me in the front, and John in the back. I would up for diving tomorrow, but I have not sent in a request.

That's me in the front, and John in the back. I would up for diving tomorrow, but I have not sent in a request.

Some of us will be showing up at 9 AM and others around 10 AM and meeting Aaron for assignments. Plan to dive all day.

Don't see why that wouldn't work with the staff there.

See you if you can make it.

Mary,

I found this info on line about the White's dry suit event.

Have you always wanted to try a drysuit? Now is your chance. Our representative from Whites Manufacturing will be joining us at Aquarena Springs in San Marcos for 1 day only of dry diving fun.

WHITES DRYSUIT DEMO

Whites will have a trailer with 50, that's right 50 dry suits for any certified diver who wants to try one out.

Why dive dry? A drysuit will enhance your diving experience by keeping you warmer and more focused during a dive. A drysuit can allow for exposure to a variety of diving environments. They are well suited for live-aboard trips as they are comfortable enough for all day wear, yet they still prevent the chilling effects that are often associated with multiple dives in a single day.

We'll have a big selection of Whites drysuits available for you to dive. Drysuit certification is not required and a Certified Dive Con or Dive Instructor will be on hand to guide you through your first drysuit dive. If you're already drysuit certified, bring your card and we'll set you up to try one of our many suits. We know you're going to love this line!

Come check out the new Fusion Bullet drysuit, just released in January 2010. The Fusion Bullet will revolutionize the drysuit industry. This drysuit is versatile enough to dive comfortably in the warm waters of the Caribbean and the cold winter waters of Lake Travis.

Drysuits have traditionally been too bulky to allow for most inexperienced divers to perfect their buoyancy. Whites has designed the Fusion Bullet to minimize the excess air that is trapped in the suit which greatly reduces both bulk and difficulties with buoyancy.

What to bring:

· Certification card

· All of your personal dive gear (BC, regulators, mask, fins, tanks, weights)

Prerequisites:

· Certified diver at least 18 years of age

Half price rentals will be available for any equipment you may need.

Please call Toms Dive and Swim @ 512-451-3425 to sign up for this fun filled event.

Thanks for the info. Just signed up with Tom's.

Ill be there this weekend, but I don't think I want to spoil myself by trying a Fusion. I just bought a slightly used Hollis BioDry, and I would like to still like it. ;-)

I thought you got the Fusion? You piss Santa off or something?
The Hollis BioDry looks like a great suit..

I thought you got the Fusion? You piss Santa off or something?
The Hollis BioDry looks like a great suit..

Eh I kinda said the same thing you did. Ill take what is a good deal now and upgrade later when I need it. I plan on leaving cs early Sat. morning. Let me know if you want to split gas or hotel room. Ive got some friends at TxSt that want to go party at the bars on the square Sat. night. I know you like a good party lol.

I'll see if I can break some plans I already have. If not, I'll have to leave early Sunday. After being gone for a solid month I'm still trying to play catch up back home.

When are you planning to be in the spring?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom