Whites catalyst or Bare xcd2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gruffun

Reaction score
Hello, Yes, I am very new here. last two days I have been scanning posts on Dry suits and have a few questions.
First. about me.
I am a Puget Sound Diver. OW was May of 2003. AOW was June of 2004. I have 35 dives now. all wet. mostly in Sound, some in Hawaii.
I get alittle cold on second dive. but have only found shivers once.
I bought my wife a Whites drysuit, laminate because she does get cold, and it was a great deal on demo. This was lucky buy as it had not actually be used yet, and fit her perfect.

I am looking at dry suits for me now. I dont tend to get cold easy. But our sound is cool.
Options are
Whites or Bare from my LDS.
I am not sold on Neo or Lam.
Lam has ablity to change layers for warmth easier.
Neo is more streamlined.
I have issue of large chest, smaller hips. I fit a Large in hieght and wieght but chest is 44. waist is 36-38. I include this as it may be a factor.

Bare suit
XCD2 neo

Whites
Catalyst with it flex panels LAM
45th aniversery neo

Several people posted that they are using the Catalyst. How is it holding up?
Others posted that Whites uses a heat glue and shops wont sell them or repair them. Has anyone run into this issue?

I have decided to have the drygloves put on. And I do know that I prefer Rock boots.

any opinions, and Facts are greatly appriciated.
I am trying to decide quickly as we are going to BC for a set of dives and would like to get into, try it out, before i get upthere to unfamilure waters.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom