Fourth Element Halo AR with J2 or Xerotherm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GRH

Contributor
Reaction score
I dive in Puget Sound in a Bare Sentry Tech drysuit and tend to get cold. With the Halo AR, which base layer should I consider?

I dive the AR with J2s and a heat vest in the Great Lakes. Never tried it with my xerotherms.
I do tend to run my heat vest on medium and high throughout the dive.

Reactions: GRH
If you need to purchase either I would go with xerotherms as these are a decent layer for warm drysuit diving. If you already have both...just give it a go!

If you need to purchase either I would go with xerotherms as these are a decent layer for warm drysuit diving. If you already have both...just give it a go!

I don't have any Fourth Element yet. I plan on ordering the Halo AR and choosing either the J2 or xerotherm as a base layer. Thanks.

if I'm not wrong, you have a neoprene drysuit...so if you already have the Halo, go for the J2 since it will be less bulky.
The xeroterma is super nice and warm (I use it with J2 under neoprene drysuit) but it is not as thin as a baseleyer (even if it supposed to be a baseleyer).
So:
  • with tri laminate drysuit, Halo+Xerotherm
  • with neoprene: Halo + J2.

if I'm not wrong, you have a neoprene drysuit...so if you already have the Halo, go for the J2 since it will be less bulky.
The xeroterma is super nice and warm (I use it with J2 under neoprene drysuit) but it is not as thin as a baseleyer (even if it supposed to be a baseleyer).
So:
  • with tri laminate drysuit, Halo+Xerotherm
  • with neoprene: Halo + J2.

That is what I ordered, Halo AR with J2. Thanks.

That is what I ordered, Halo AR with J2. Thanks.
I have the same drysuit, looking to buy the same set from 4E. How does the combo work in the Puget Sound water? Do you think Xerotherm will be a better choice for 45F water?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom