White stuff on BC & Plastic scratch remover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
Dear all buddies.

I have tried to get rid of the white stuff (stain) on the BC. It never went away.
Even, I rub the white stuff with the dial soap and rinsed it immediately. After being dried, it is still there.

I am not sure what the white stuff is? Is it a salt crystal? It looks a milky colored residual or stain. How can I remove it? What do I need?

In addition, have you ever used “Novus” or “Janvil” scratch remover?
There are some scuff marks on the plastic buckles and two big plastic weight buckles.

Thanks in advance,
Hoosier

Soap scum???

DennisS:
Soap scum???

It is probably not a soap scum. It did not make worse after using a soap.
And, I rinsed it so many times. It it just there on the same spot in the same size.

Save dive

Ah thats what you get when you leave your gear to dry in the parking lot at the dive site. Damn seagulls!

Are you diving fresh or salt water? I've seen this sort of thing happen in fresh water rivers where the water was less than clean. Generally though a good rinsing with green dish scrubby takes care of it. One other thought - do you have hard water where you rinse your gear off? Ever seen the stains that happen in sinks and tubs with hard water? If that's the case there is a product out there is used for this purpose.

I dunno about the stain...I assume it had no contact with Bill Clinton?

As for the scuff marks - try Mr Clean Magic Eraser!! It works great for slates, too.

opiniongirl:
well that didnt take long :eyebrow:

Thanks for the information. It works with Mr. Clean Magic.

BTW, do you still have Whites Catalyst SE?

I sent PM though.

hoosier

opiniongirl:

As for the scuff marks - try Mr Clean Magic Eraser!! It works great for slates, too.

Back
Top Bottom