White out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmcdanie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a plain old Hero and I'm seeing white outs when the camera catches some sand in the frame or if it points towards the surface, etc. I've gone thru the setting and made some changes but I really do not know what I'm doing. Any help would be appreicated. An Example can be seen at 3:24 to 3:45 of the link below.

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_1LBjyi4bE&list=UU7z9pZHtzpCemzjJ679eMng&index=1

Are you using a flat port at all or the stock housing? Looks out of focus, even at 720p.

Looks like the camera automatic exposure. Part of the scene is dark while the sun or sand is bright. Camera is automatically adjusting exposure to make dark portions brighter which makes the sun/sand blown out white.

It was set to Spot. I've changed it back to Center and will see what I get next time.
Thanks for looking.

Spot metering will actually cause that. It meters the light right on on the center of the frame instead of averaging it. It is meant for when you are shooting through a window, for example.

Back
Top Bottom