White Manta / Black Manta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see. Will try to convince my buddy 1st then decide which boat. Thanks :05:

Hi,

I have dived both Black and White Manta. They are both very good boats with excellent crew. Food is great as well, Black Manta serves thai food and White Manta serves Indonesian. Black Manta is bigger than Whit e Manta.

Since you are located in Singapore, you can take a look at the boat itself, call Vincent and I am sure he will show you the boat since they are always at Keppel Marina. They occasionally have open house for divers to check out the boats.

Liang

Thanks Liang.. I'm going for the next open house this week but just wanted to get a sense if the accomodations/living areas in either boats will be too cramped for 20 people over 3-5 day trip.

The conspicuous absence of a 4 man/woman jacuzzi with complementary afterdive champagne is also sorely missed. Zippsy, can you please do something about that? :p

Traminer:
The conspicuous absence of a 4 man/woman jacuzzi with complementary afterdive champagne is also sorely missed. Zippsy, can you please do something about that? :p
You want a 4 man/woman jacuzzi? Just kick four people out of ours and move closer together and you can pretnd it's a small one. Afterdive champagne? The bubbles are bad for DCS so we ask that people only drink the champagne after the last dive of the night. :p :wink:

I see from the Black Manta Schedule that the first Similan trip is planned for 16 November. When would the boat plan to arrive in Phuket. I would like to see it before this first trip. Photos look good, but hell, I can look like Tom Cruise in a photo, the realiity is closer to Shrek. Hope Black Manta is as good in reality........

I see from the Black Manta Schedule that the first Similan trip is planned for 16 November. When would the boat plan to arrive in Phuket. I would like to see it before this first trip. Photos look good, but hell, I can look like Tom Cruise in a photo, the realiity is closer to Shrek. Hope Black Manta is as good in reality........

It will likely only arrive in Phuket about one week before the first trip up there. The end of October is whale shark / manta season around here and I believe the ship has been chartered for Anambas trips on the weekends of 28-29 Oct and 4-5 November.

While I couldn't ever look like Tom Cruise in a photo, you have a good point. Photos can be deceiving; I've experienced that first hand at some resorts. If you just can't wait, as you know, you can always talk to people who have been diving on it (or any other ship you are looking into). Just make sure they are not as biased as I am.

Awww.. you're not doing yourself justice, Batfish.. am a big fan of your blog! Am sure you're like an onion, with tons of layers!

Zips, should feedback to V to include updated pics of BM after all its trips. The orchids on the bed are a good touch tho. Will BM/WM be doing more trips in Aug/Sept? Looks pretty empty then, hope that was intentional?

Shrek: Ogres are like onions.

Donkey: They stink?

Shrek: Yes. No.

Donkey: Oh, they make you cry.

Shrek: No!

Donkey: Oh, you leave em out in the sun, they get all brown, start sproutin' little white hairs.

Shrek: NO! Layers! Onions have layers. Ogres have layers. Onions have layers. You get it? We both have layers.

Donkey: Oh, you both have layers. Oh. You know, not everybody likes onions.

Traminer:
Zips, should feedback to V to include updated pics of BM after all its trips. The orchids on the bed are a good touch tho. Will BM/WM be doing more trips in Aug/Sept? Looks pretty empty then, hope that was intentional?
The Black Manta still looks brand new - at least it did on the last time I was on it a few weeks ago. I've been on the White Manta more lately.

Feedback is always welcomed. One change based on feedback from divers is that Vincent's added "real" aircon in the saloon so two compressors sit in the walkway to the wheelhouse. It detracts from the appearance a little but it was needed. Now you can cool your beer in the room if you want to. :D

Regarding the trip schedule, I believe the missing dates for the Blank Manta in September & October are because it's been chartered out to dive shops or clubs. The White Manta schedule for Aug- Oct has not been set yet.

Diving around Anambas, Acasta, Aur, Tioman, etc. has been exceptionally great this year. Many divers from from Malaysia and Singapore with years of experience are saying that this is the best diving they have seen in the area for decades (not only our customers are saying it). I'm not sure why that's so but I think Vincent is just planning to see how the season develops before committing the White Manta to certain itineraries.

Back
Top Bottom