Whiskeytown Lake, CA (8/3/2011)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Togalive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey NorCal divers!

Just a heads up for any interested divers in the area. Myself and another diver will be diving and mapping a portion of Whiskeytown Lake where an old section of HWY 299 is submerged in 50-70 ft of water. The original purpose of the dive is to map a specific area, with a secondary goal of actually locating the submerged HWY which has proved notoriously difficult for local divers to find. We will cover a total of 870 meters over a minimum of 2 dives. This is my mapping project to satisfy a requirement of my DM certification.

It should be a great day of diving fun, snacks on the shore, and any help would be appreciated! The more divers we get, the larger an area we can cover!

Just message me if your interested! Boat support would be appreciated so we can mark the portion of 299 with our GPS!

Happy Diving!

Throw your GPS into a water tight container (Depth rated) and send it up with a spool. Leave it at the surface for a few minutes to gain lock before pulling it back down.

Throw your GPS into a water tight container (Depth rated) and send it up with a spool. Leave it at the surface for a few minutes to gain lock before pulling it back down.

Hmmm, not a bad idea at all!

What dates are you planning your dives?

Hey NorCal divers!

Just a heads up for any interested divers in the area. Myself and another diver will be diving and mapping a portion of Whiskeytown Lake where an old section of HWY 299 is submerged in 50-70 ft of water. The original purpose of the dive is to map a specific area, with a secondary goal of actually locating the submerged HWY which has proved notoriously difficult for local divers to find. We will cover a total of 870 meters over a minimum of 2 dives. This is my mapping project to satisfy a requirement of my DM certification.

It should be a great day of diving fun, snacks on the shore, and any help would be appreciated! The more divers we get, the larger an area we can cover!

Just message me if your interested! Boat support would be appreciated so we can mark the portion of 299 with our GPS!

Happy Diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom