Whiskey Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure about CPO Sharky. I just always frequented Discovery and any other channel that had shark shows. :)

Michael

Mike - Surf is up in Orange Beach/Gulf Shores, looks like heavy 4' footers, maybe 5'ers, and very choppy. http://cam5.brett-robinson.com/view/view.shtml You can hang any diving off the beach up for today. Maybe by Sunday it will have calmed down and the particulate will have settled...

tom wicker:
About four or five years ago there was a four footer that resided there. It even was given a name but it slips my mind now. It was said to have been caught by a Snow Bird. I have never had the pleasure of seeing it other then snap shots. It was either Sub Sealevel or South Bound that had the shots hanging on the wall. I don't think I would mind to much diving around a hammerhead I think I would trust them more than the smaller Black tip even. But still I would respect their space.

Yeah, thats the one :D I heard it was a scalloped hammerhead, one of the less aggressive hammerhead species. I didn't know it had been caught, kind of a shame I guess... I'm sure the snowbird didn't eat it, maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah, I was looking at it earlier, sucks. What do you thikn it looks like for tomorrow for a charter out? We are still thinking about that, if not, I believe Morrison Springs is where we will head to.

Scalloped? Agressive. Dang it Mat! Getting more and more scared to do the Whiskey.....

(BS, I'll still go. :p)

Michael

Scalloped hammereheads are less agressive, not more, than most species.

I don't have NOAA's Gulf Bouy site saved as a favorite on my work computer, try a search :) Last time I checked, day or two ago, forecasted to be quite rough...

6-9' Seas forecasted for tomorrow and 5-7' seas on Sunday. At the moment, wave height is 8'.

Ick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom