Whiskey Wreck and Alabama Point Jetties 3-25-7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone up for doing some dives off the Alabama beaches?

Meet up at Bahama Bob's at 2:30PM to dive the Whiskey Wreck on a tank. Depths to 17' whole feet, so we can have an extended dive time.

Afterwards, we can swap tanks out and jump in the water at Alabama Point to dive the jetties there around 5PM for a 6PM High Tide. Tide should still be incoming slightly, so we can dive against the current towards the point, and drift back when we reach the end or turnaround pressure. Depths to 30'.

Who's up for the fun? We can hit up Tacky Jacks or Bahama Bobs afterwards.

Heather and I are in for the fun since we will be down for the "O" trip that weekend.

Just bought my speargun today and I'm looking forward to using it on the shore dives.

Noice, what'd you end up with?

I picked up the JBL mini carbine speargun. It's oly 27" long and has a range of 9'. I figure that this will be a great beginner gun for me since im not trying to shoot moby dick just yet. It should be good for flounder and such.

For flounder, youi're better off with a polespear. Your gun should be good for sheepshead, trigger, and mangroves though :)

Sweet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom