Whiskey Wreck 9-17-6 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Met up with Jarrod at Bahama Bob's this afternoon. Water was calm and visibility looked good from the surface. Turned out to be 10-15', which is great for the site. There is still some algae caught up on the interior of the wreck. Water temperatures in the low-mid 80sF. Lots of fish schooling around including spades, mangroves, scad, jack cravelle, ect. Damsels, filefish, butterflyfish, and other tropicals could be found around the wreck. Didn't see any flounder. Bluecrab and stonecrab were still everywhere. I hit a max depth of 18' for a dive lasting 67 minutes. Had a great time.

I was still able to hit 18' at the deepest point of the wreck, and this was around 1PM in the afternoon with a high tide quite a bit earlier in the morning. It seems that the deepest point is holding.

There is noticable sand piling in under the hull at the stern nearing the rudder and some of the other areas on the East end. The West end still looks fine, maybe even a bit more uncovered on the bulk of the wreck. The small bits of relief further West than the bulk of the wreck seem to be getting covered a bit more unfortunately.

good report bugman. think me & woodrow might be back in a couple weeks to try & pick up some more crab and play a little bit if you're intersted.

sssuuuhhhwwweet.

was that 15?

Back
Top Bottom