Whiskey Wreck 4-21-8 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There were a few out there Monday, but not enough for a real "haul".

They'll be out soon enough, in numbers, I think. At the moment, you can get a haul on some nice sheep :)

A Trigger fish on the Whiskey. I don’t believe I ever seen one out there. Do you see them often?:D A lot of Fisherman call them a trash fish. Capt Gary changed my mind on them a couple of years ago. He fried one up on a boat trip seasoned with his secrete spices which by the way he keeps the blend to himself. Anyway it was good eating.

Years ago we use to try and keep a milk jug tied off to the wreck. But as Mat said keeping it there was another problem. It was pretty cool on a night dive a person could swim out to it a place a couple glow sticks into it and the rest could easily find it, plus have some light to just hang around and bull****,

Last year there was a smaller trigger on the wreck on occassion, it was maybe 6". No idea if this is the same one(doubt it), but its about 8-9" max, so not a legal kill. Nice fish to look at though!

Triggers are great tasting though, a sizable one is good eaten!

hey bugman, hows it goin?? Just getting back into diving again,I need to hit the whiskey soon, thanks for the report

Going good dude, hope all is well over there, comon out when the surf lays down :)

Thanks for the report Bugman. Thinking about diving the Whiskey, while i'm in Pensacola next weekend.

Three of us drove over from Slidell to dive the Whiskey Wreck yesterday. Not much to report. The conditions were "sporty" but we got out there. There was alot of surge but we got on a small piece of the wreck and on it was a trigger fish. Visibility was about 5-10ft.

We only got in one long dive but we had a blast...

Small piece with a pipish looking thing coming out, and some kind of fabric waving in the surge?

yes... dude you scare me...

Seriously, that is exactly the piece we found. I hadn't been to the wreck since 2000 so we were lucky to find that especially with the conditions yesterday. Is that where the trigger fish is usually found? I figure that is how you knew where we were.

Where is the large section of the wreck in relation to that piece?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom