Whining to the choir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, everybody pretty much knows that Rick and I did Fundies last weekend. What you may not know is that I did it in Bob's gear, which he has been so enormously gracious as to lend to me for over a month now. Well, Fundies is over, and the gear has to go back.

He'll sell me the BP/W at a nice price. This would replace my Libra BC with the -- grimace -- Air2 on it. I would still need to buy a second second stage and replace my hoses, and buy an SPG. Estimate on this is another $300. So something over $600 to redo my gear.

I have three wonderful people who are willing to dive with me and help me polish skills -- Bob, the instructor from my DIRF, Steve, and Laura, the lady who did the videography for us. But to do S-drills, I need the gear . . . and my husband, who thinks this whole DIR thing is ridiculous, is not happy about my desire to replace perfectly good, five month old equipment simply because I don't like it any more. (I mean, everything stills works perfectly well as it was designed to work.)

I don't expect anybody to have a solution. I just want sympathy. Or somebody to send me some plates so I can counterfeit some money . . .

Yeah, well, you have the buddies and not the gear. I have the gear and not the buddies.

I predict, one way or another, before long you'll have both the gear and the buddies, and I'll still be stuck with just the gear.

I don't have any sympathy for you at all.:wink:

I'm about 120 minutes south of you, in the tri-cities. It's closer than Puget Sound, at least. I'll dive with you too, but it'll likely be in fresh water!

Do you like diving in large, deep rivers?! :D

There are rock canyons in the bottom of the Columbia, at around 80+ ffw...the current is ~ 3 kts...potential stroketastrophe around every bend!

Let me know if you're interested...

TSandM:
my husband, who thinks this whole DIR thing is ridiculous, is not happy about my desire to replace perfectly good, five month old equipment simply because I don't like it any more. (I mean, everything stills works perfectly well as it was designed to work.)

I don't expect anybody to have a solution. I just want sympathy. Or somebody to send me some plates so I can counterfeit some money . . .

I think most of us have been through this - you have my sympathy.

Like Doc said; "eBay is your friend."

Doc Intrepid:
I'm about 120 minutes south of you, in the tri-cities. It's closer than Puget Sound, at least. I'll dive with you too, but it'll likely be in fresh water!

There are rock canyons in the bottom of the Columbia, at around 80+ ffw...the current is ~ 3 kts...potential stroketastrophe around every bend!

I AM interested. You'll get a PM from me in the near future.

TSandM: That really bites. However, I'm sure that once some of those items sell on e-bay, the pain will be significantly lessened. I'll also echo the "you've got buddies" sentiment. I'd really like to go out with some DIR trained folks, but I don't know any :)

Good luck and have fun purchasing the new toys :D

Bjorn

TSandM:
You can't take it with you...might as well spend it.

JeffG:
You can't take it with you...might as well spend it.

Not exactly sympathy, is it?! :wink:

"You gotta pay ta play"

Doc Intrepid:

This sounds pretty enticing to me as well...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom