Whidbey Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NavyDoll:
Hi All..

Thanks for the input. I've decided Quadra and/or Port Hardy... based on the pics and information you've all provided! Also hoping to make it to the mainland for some Howe Sound area dives...

Jack... yes, I've done alot of local diving both shore and boat dives. I have nearly 300 dives.. and all but about 6 have been in southern Vancouver Island area.. farthest south is Seattle and farthest north Nanaimo.

thanks..
navydoll

I think Uncle Pug and OE2X are suffering from the same "been there done that" attitude that you have about Victoria. Sure southern VI has great dives but I have done a couple of dives on Whidbey that were pretty good too. I have not been able to do Deception Pass yet due to tides but I found Keystone a decent dive and I saw a huge octo while doing a safety stop at LIme Kiln so don't write off Whidbey too soon. Different is sometimes all it takes to make an exciting dive.
There is a book written by Henry C Powers called the Whidbey Island Dive guide. Similar to Greg Dombrowsky's guide of our beautiful island

wedivebc:
and I saw a huge octo while doing a safety stop at LIme Kiln so don't write off Whidbey too soon.

Lime Kiln Point is on San Juan Island, not Whidbey.

Jack

jackconnick:
Lime Kiln Point is on San Juan Island, not Whidbey.

Jack
ooops, the whole vacation was a big blur :wink:

Hi Dave and Deco...

Don't get me wrong, I love the local diving and realize we live in one of the more beautiful cold water dive places in the world!! I'm not bored with the local diving... just feeling the need to go on a dive trip or dive weekend!!

I have Dombrowsky's book and also a book on diving in the Vancouver area... just seeking other peoples opinions :)

thanks again...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom