Which wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Rec Wing is a single bladder air cell, which can be used with both single and double cylinders. The Rec Wing can accommodate up to two 95-cubic-foot/15 liter back-mounted cylinders. Rec Wings are a good choice for divers who may primarily use doubles, and want to be able to configure their air cell for use with single cylinders as well.

from the dive-rite website

Rec Wings provide up to 51 pounds of lift. They can be used with both single and double cylinders. These wings can accommodate up to double steel E7-120 or E8-130/LP104 cylinders. Rec Wings are a good choice for divers who, while they may primarily use doubles, want to be able to configure their air cell for occasional use with single cylinders as well.

Is this info. correct?

P.S. Sorry for the redundant posting.

Well, I just went out into the garage and put the RecWing against one of my al80's it doesn't look like it will be a bad single wing, although it appears that if they were doubled up that it wouldn't permit the wing to fully inflate. So maybe the Classic would be a more suitable choice for doubling up steel tanks. Cheers!

Well I finally dove my BP/W I think the RecWing is a little big for a single tank but I think it will work well with doubles.

Re: RecWing

I use a RecWing successfully with both single and double AL80 tanks. For single AL80 tanks I just bind the bladder a bit. But, for double steels I just can't get it trimmed out correctly. So, I need a different wing for steel doubles.

So, try the wing with the tanks you have. See if it works. If it does great! If not you need to buy another wing.

I've discovered that different body types, shapes and density will be more comfortable in different wings. What works for you can best be determined by experimentation.

In my case it wasn't until Grateful Diver spent the effort on it did I find a wing that worked well for me on steel doubles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom