Which Wetsuit to buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ch002kr

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for a new wetsuit. The question for a Florida diver 3 or 5 ml?
Scubapro Everflex or Henderson H2? Taking recommendations

To me, that depends on where you are going to be diving. If it is in the springs, I would go for the 5mm.

My wife has the ScubaPro 3mm and I have the Henderson 3mm. The quality of construction between the two suits is worlds apart. I would buy the ScubaPro over the Henderson if I had it to do over again.

Everflex hands down. Note that they are also made in 3 ranges (A,B,C) with regards to water temp. I have a 5mm type B

It depends on when and where you plan on diving. A 3mm will work for spring and summer diving in south Florida. If you plan on diving year round or in the springs, then the 5mm would be better. However, even a 5mm might not be enough unless you get one like a Pinnacle with Merino wool lining.

Never used an Everflex......

But we have 2003 vintage Henderson Hyperstreches.........great wetsuits.....

Fit, overall suit durability and flexibility........

The knee pads on the hers came off last year after 200 plus dives.......

We think it makes her look like an old pro.....no questions asked on dive boats......:wink:

M

I have had very good luck with the Pinnacle products. With over 150 dives on the 5mm it's still holding up well. The Merino does a very good job of keeping you warm. Before getting a dry suit in very cold water I would add the shorty under the 5mm. Almost like a core warmer.

Dry Suit (50-30)
Pinnacle Merino-Elastiprene Full Suit 5mm (70-50)
Pinnacle Breaker Full Suit 3mm (80-70)
Pinnacle Spirit Shorty 3mm (80+)

I bought my first Henderson product (a 7mm Neosport full suit). It was a piece of junk. Started falling apart after 20 dives and is now useless with less than 40. If other Henderson products are like it, I'd go with the Scubapro.

I know you only asked about the two....But I really love my Bare 4/5 Velocity. Great suit at a good price

Back
Top Bottom