Which wetsuit for woman diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

belette

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello:wink:

My wellworn wetsuit finally fell apart during a recent liveaboard trip to Sudan and I need to get another 3mm for January in Indonesia.
Any ideas for an easy-to-get-in-and-out-of stretchy suit, preferably with some blue or turqouise (not pink) bits
and available in Europe? Many thanks for your ideas

Well, depending on your size and shape, the ScubaPro suits sound suitable. Mine is black with blue sections, and is very comfortable. The 5 mil is blue with yellow trim.

I've been diving a 3mm Henderson Hyperstretch Titanium wetsuits for the last three years whenever I'm in warm water. It has blue and purple bits on it, too. :D

Some of my female dive buddies dive Pinnacle wetsuits and they seem happy with their wetsuits.

Fit is key so make sure you try it on first before deciding. Good luck.

My little lady wears a 7mm Henderson Aqualock and loves it. Easy in and easy out with warmth to boot. I assume the 3mm would be the same.

Most brands have lady cuts and use high stretch neoprene. Thus they are all pretty similar so price and availability will have a big say. I am a big fan of Scubapro and highly recommend the Everflex. My wife's suit is grey and blue. The have awesome seals on both ankle and wrist and works well in restricting water flow.

Can't say enough good things about Hendersons suits. Bought a Hyperstretch several years ago until I grew out of it (got too big for me as I lost weight....go me!!!) was able to pass it on to my teenage son who adores it (because now the purple striping has faded to gray striping which is apparently more manly in his eyes) and I ended up buying same suit, only 2 sizes smaller. The 5 year old suit is as good as new (except fading as previously mentioned which he thinks is a plus). Zipper still works flawlessly after 150 dives, no problem with billowing, easy on and off (which for women is one of the biggest issues) and is super warm diving in California waters (both suits are 7mm).
I also own a 5 mm Henderson for NC wreck diving which is super comfy and warm... Because when wreck diving in NC you put that suit on at 7am and are in it all day on the boat, only to turn around and do the same thing the next day. Very comfortable.
Have owned a couple other brand named suits....will never go back to anything that's not Hyperstretch or Henderson. Worth the couple extra $ they cost.

It does depend on size and shape, but I've also found the scubapro & Henderson Hyperstretch Titanium to work well in warm water. Also love the fit of the Bare Elastek.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom