Which wedding ring should I pick?

Which ring?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andi311:
I'm leaning towards getting a wedding band with stones inlaid. I'm still not sure...I just want something really simple, but pretty. I really appreciate all the help. Thanks guys.
Well there are several clean, simple designs that have far better stone protection. #2 is a design sort of make for loosing the stone. I'd look at a Bezel set Sapphire, maybe cornflower blue..get something that is easy to wear, and will last...

I like #2, but then, I tend to like very simple, and rather modern.

My engagement ring is a diamond solitaire in an absolutely minimal setting. I'd think it would catch on stuff, but it doesn't. I just have to remember to turn it toward my palm when going through my wrist seals . . .

Has anyone suggested saving all the $$$$$ for diving yet:confused:

What's the matter with you people...:lurk:

We need a 'no ring, just dive' option on the poll.:)

I voted for #1 because I like it, it is timeless. My sister has a similar band in yellow gold (I prefer the white or platinum myself). It is stunning on her, it's the only ring she wears, and she never takes it off.

# 2 is beautiful but I would worry about losing the stone and I probably wouldn't wear it daily, which defeats the whole purpose. Also - it may become dated more quickly than the other two. #3 I'm not fond of because it's too busy for me, but that's just my preference. I like simple, classic things.

Anyway, just my opinion, hopefully it helps with your decision.

Oh and Alcina, your hubby is one romantic soul! I loved reading that thread. Brought tears to my eyes.

I would suggest that you go with the third ring and there are many reasons for this. The first ring is simple and basic in design, but with lots of small stones instead of one bigger one. Always try to go for the biggest possible gem that will match a ring well, for example you don't want to go for a crazy big gem with just a sliver of a band for a ring either. The second ring is very clean and stylish in design, however styles and fashion change with time. Is it going to look as good in ten years time? Also, the way the stone is set doesn't look very secure to me.

The third ring has many things that work well, it is classical in design, never going to go out of style. The four prongs should provide a secure hold on the stone.

If you ever need to clean your jewellery, just use a tiny bit of toothpaste and the softest toothbrush you can find plus a little bit of elbow grease. This works for everything, gold, platinum and silver. EXCEPT for PEARLS!!!

Also, this being a scuba diving forum, I am going to say that pretty much most people here will have access to a ultraconic cleaner. That is what jewellery stores use so...

PS. For anyone interested the way to clean pearls is to use a little bit of mild detergent and warm water, soak a clean cloth in this solution. Just damp would do, you don't want the cloth to be dripping. Place the pearls on the cloth, fold the cloth over and roll it around gently between your hands. Next use a damp cloth, dampened with only water and repeat. Then place the pearls on a dry cloth on a table and air dry, no direct heat or sunlight.

I'd be very careful in cleaning your pearls with any but a soft cloth. If you are cleaning a set pearl be sure you know that what you are using won't effect the hold of the glue that was used to set it. Also know a woman that striped her pearls by using something too harsh....

I'd be very careful in cleaning your pearls with any but a soft cloth. If you are cleaning a set pearl be sure you know that what you are using won't effect the hold of the glue that was used to set it. Also know a woman that striped her pearls by using something too harsh....

That is totally correct, you want to use the mildest detergent that you can find. Plus just a tiny bit will do. As to the cloth, a big fluffy hand towel would be acceptable, or if you prefer to be on the safe side the softest piece of cloth you can find.

There is always the default option of going to a jewellery store or goldsmith of course. However, you are going to run into the porblem of whether said jeweller or goldsmith is competent or not, plus all round good guy. Word of mouth is important, ask a friend where they go.

Back
Top Bottom