Which watch to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-boltfish once bubbled...
And yes the D3 is also ok for SCUBA:
I might be OK for SCUBA but is it ok for you? It is a bottom timmer not a computer and relys on you to use your computer.

That said if the mosquito and the Citizen are close in price then I would lean towards the Suunto.

If fashion is a concern you can change the colour of the main face to blue, purple, yellow, white etc this voids the waranty I think but you can do it if you want. My wife's is yellow (factory standard colour, I have also seen white which looked quite cool but would change colour over time I think)

I've read a few bad reports of the Mosquito on the web though.

What about the Vyper (it's the same price)?

The Vyper is a dive computer, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't act as a watch. You don't wait it to.... it's also about as big as the Uwatec bottom timer.

2 rules that I live by with diving.. one is to have functional equipment for diving, the other is back up. My dive computer times dives and takes specs, etc.. however, on the other wrist is my stylish, comfortable, inexpensive Fossil watch that I got for a whopping $65US and is good to 100meters. The Fossil has a turnable bezel so I can put it to the time I am going under and always know the minutes out from my start time on my watch (handy for when your back on the boat recording your times and dive details).

Of course, I live and dive in the carribean and gulf of mexico, so having the covering of a drysuit or a heavy wetsuit isn't there, but I thought I'd toss it out as an option anyway.

Back
Top Bottom