which type of SMB do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hedgehog47

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had an oral inflate SMB, it works well but I wanted to try one of the ones with the open bottom to inflate with the regulator. I've heard the air will just rush back out once it hits the surface, will it still do this if you hold it below the surface slightly? Not sure how effectively I could do that. I want to launch it at depth off a spool.

Wondering if I can DIY something on the bottom so that after inflating it, it would seal up either completely or at least partially so it won't deflate as quickly. It's also been reccomended to me to use a small weight on the bottom, which I'll do. I know some have the option to attached your LP hose and inflate that way, but that seems like a hassle and I've usually got a spear and lobster snare in my hands already so that wouldn't work very well for me. Same problem with the oral inflate and I just find it kind of slow. I guess I just want to try new things and want some advice. thanks!

Just pull it down a bit then tie it off. I personally don't care for the open bottoms for general use but they do have their uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's what im talkin' bout willis

---------- Post added March 6th, 2015 at 09:36 PM ----------

does anyone in the united states sell those

I use Halcyon as well

Hollis self sealing here. I think self sealing is pretty common for a DSMB. In fact, I have not seen an open one.

i only see lift bags on that site

---------- Post added March 6th, 2015 at 10:48 PM ----------

i see them now

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom