which timeshare trade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaschne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Going to be in Coz next June with scubaboard invasion. I can trade my timeshare and add the week before to make it a two week trip. Resorts showing availability are El Cid- 2 bedroom all inclusive is not mandatory
MVC Melia 1 bedroom also not A1 mandatory currently but may be in 2015
Fiesta Americana in Cancun 1 bedroom A1 not mandatory
There are many others in Playa del Carmen or Riviera Maya, but all are mandatory all inclusive

I know El Cid has the whole cruisers using the facilities sometimes thing, but doubt that will be a deal breaker.

So, based on your knowledge of the properties, any input would be appreciated. I would really like to not to All Inclusive if possible so we can sample some great food in town. The second week at Hotel Cozumel is already all inclusive. I always find these tend to be pretty marginal meals but quick and easy.

Thanks,

You can rule out anything that is in Cancun or Playa if you're diving here with the invasion.

Melia is the northernmost hotel on the island and will require you to take an expensive cab ride in and back for your dives and anything else you want to do - so from that list, El Cid is your best option.

Christi, thanks for the input! If I stay over by Cancun or Playa I wouldnt make the trek over to Coz, would just hang out over there until the scubainvasion starts and then move over to Hotel Coz. I didnt know for sure where Melia was located so good to know its not an option based on distance from town etc. Allegro and a few others show up for Coz, but again are mandatory all inclusive and not sure I want to be locked into that. thanks again

I prefer el cid to hot L Coz.

Christi, thanks for the input! If I stay over by Cancun or Playa I wouldnt make the trek over to Coz, would just hang out over there until the scubainvasion starts and then move over to Hotel Coz. I didnt know for sure where Melia was located so good to know its not an option based on distance from town etc. Allegro and a few others show up for Coz, but again are mandatory all inclusive and not sure I want to be locked into that. thanks again

Ah ok - but don't know why you'd want to spend any time in Cancun - but Playa del Carmen is nice with beautiful beaches.

Of your Cozumel choices, El Cid is the one I would recommend - convenient for boat pick-ups, close enough to town to walk in if you like to walk, decent accommodations. Have fun!

have used our rci trade at el cid..no problems.had breakfast every day at ernestos, a short less than 5 minute walk. can do breakfast at casa del mar as well.

I appreciate the input everyone!! I will most likely go with El Cid and skip the all inclusive option so I can try lots of restaurants!

just a thought.....the park royal is not mandatory is it ?? if they have no space to trade, you may be able to get a week through "extra vacations" with rci. they almost always have space to rent. i have stayed there and really liked it.

btw....it's right beside casa del mar and across the street from cid

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom