Which tank to buy my wife- 80cf or 63cf?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah these tanks will rarely get used. Mainly just for pool use with the occasional single tank lake dive to keep skills fresh. If we lived near the ocean I would buy use both HP steel tanks but for what we are using these for I cant justify that cost.

Then don't even second guess her, go straight to the 63.

My wife loves our 63s. The one good thing when she decides not to dive with me is I get to use the 63's.

We ended up picking her up an AL80 Catalina tank this evening.

I think that's probably a good move. If 90% of your diving is with AL80s, it'd be good to have a similar "practice" tank.

I think that's probably a good move. If 90% of your diving is with AL80s, it'd be good to have a similar "practice" tank.

yup that was my reasoning behind the tank size purchased. most of the places I have been to that had rental tanks, they were almost all AL80

63s are nice for some of us. Lighter is nice, I don't need the extra air and I like that it's not hitting me either in the head or the butt. So I would have gotten her a 63, if she said she wanted a 63. (If I wanted a 63 and my husband decided I should have an 80 I'd be annoyed and exchanging it the next day. :wink: )

If you travel someplace tropical they often will have some 63s, probably much more so than you find at home. And even if she gets used to an 80 at home, enough things will be different when traveling (salt vs fresh water for one thing) I don't think being used to one or the other of those is a huge advantage. And even if they only have 80s, in many places you won't need to haul the tanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom