Which suit is best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go out and try on wetsuits. A 7mm may be a lot of effort. Once you find the best fit. Then look for deals. Ask when they will go on sale or when the new suits come in. Last years models may be on close out. Many shops will drop their price by over $100 for a sale today versus the next sale.

Finding a great fit is the key to what is the best. A suit with more stretch will fit more body types. If you think you will be hard to fit start with those with extra stretchy material. A merino lining will add extra warmth.

I have a Pinnacle suit and love it but they are extremely hard to find now since Pinnacle and Zeagles divorce. So if you can find one they are good but like I said they are really hard to find. I agree with the above posters the most important key in wetsuits is getting one to fit correctly and when they fit correctly they are warm.

The most important factor is fit. You really need to try them on. If it is baggy under the arms or has loose folds - it will not be as warm. Might want to consider the 8/7 Henderson or Bare semi drys too. Scuba Pro Novascotia is also a good choice. In the 7mm, I also like xcel suits.

I use an Xcel Polar SCS 9/7/6mm. Warm, hard to zip, but come in a broad range of sizes. Do not pee in one of these suits since they do not flush it will stay with you until you take it off. Gross!

The one that fits well and that provides the thermal protection you require. Make and cut IMO has little impact.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom