Which SPG do you use for your stages and your main?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope, the plastic ones are a bit too fragile. The brass/glass hold up much better. If you are looking at the weight issue, the scubapro minis are a good option. All my original stage regs have the Uwatec masters on them, but the weight thing has never bothered me.

chickdiver once bubbled...
Nope, the plastic ones are a bit too fragile. The brass/glass hold up much better. If you are looking at the weight issue, the scubapro minis are a good option. All my original stage regs have the Uwatec masters on them, but the weight thing has never bothered me.

Bummer... I've got 3 new Oceanic plastics... guess I wait till I break them to replace... They are light though!

WYDT once bubbled...

Bummer... I've got 3 new Oceanic plastics... guess I wait till I break them to replace... They are light though!
They will cause your death! You MUST have Uwatecs or you are a hazard to yourself and your buddies!

I have brass OMS on backgas, and a small plastic Suunto on a sling bottle (pony bottle destined for bigger and better things as a deco bottle in future). Only problem is the backgas is a PSI gauge, and the sling bottle is in BAR. Fortunately my PADI Metric Diver specialty allows me to dive this combination safely.

But aren't all the brass/glass SPGs regardless of brand made at the same factory in Italy anyway?

Scubaroo once bubbled...
I have brass OMS on backgas, and a small plastic Suunto on a sling bottle (pony bottle destiend for bigger and better things as a deco bottle in future). Only problem is the backgas is a PSI gauge, and the sling bottle is in BAR. Fortunately my PADI Metric Diver specialty allows me to dive this combination safely.
You must be a solo diver or an extra in a George Lucas film. I can't imagine anyone getting in the water with you if you really have a plastic gauge denominated in BAR. Seriously guys, this is beyond the pale..

O-ring once bubbled...

They will cause your death! You MUST have Uwatecs or you are a hazard to yourself and your buddies!
Lucky OMS has announced it's going to start making DIR Style products O-ring... you can hang onto those OMS gauges of yours.

I'm seeing a pattern here...

O-ring has OMS's newly-sanctioned BGOL (Brass Gauge Of Life)
O-ring has Halcyon's OBOD (Orange Buttons Of Death) on his wing...

.. is he going to upgrade it to OMS's new BWOL (Bungeed Wings Of Life)?

You can be their new poster boy! The little red OMS logo will complement that drysuit of yours perfectly :)

Actually I have a spare brass PSI gauge in the save-a-dive kit I haven't put on that sling reg yet - it's going to happen.

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Lucky OMS has announced it's going to start making DIR Style products O-ring... you can hang onto those OMS gauges of yours.

I'm seeing a pattern here...

O-ring has OMS's newly-sanctioned BGOL (Brass Gauge Of Life)
O-ring has Halcyon's OBOD (Orange Buttons Of Death) on his wing...

.. is he going to upgrade it to OMS's new BWOL (Bungeed Wings Of Life)?

You can be their new poster boy! The little red OMS logo will complement that drysuit of yours perfectly :)
Stop hijacking threads! That's a rule #4 violation. The orange buttons of death...LMAO...that so just made me spit coke everywhere. Good show, jack...bloody good show.

We could have used this kind of humor on the boat last weekend.... You guys kill me!

chickdiver once bubbled...
We could have used this kind of humor on the boat last weekend.... You guys kill me!
Yeah, Scubaroo and I are like the quasi-DIR bicker brothers...anyone wanna take us on a dive trip?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom