Which regs would you choose out of MK25/X650/R390 ATX 200/40 or Aqualung legend LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitro

Reaction score
This is for rec/tec but mostly rec diving really I will probably go with 2 sets of regas but would like to hear which people have found to be the best. Thanks

They're all suppose to be good. I'd go with the Apex DS4/ATX40 and get the same performance along with saving $$$$.

ATX50.........and what he said ^^^^

The scubapro's are great both the X650 with the recent upgrade and the G250 is also another great choice.
Both the apeks and the legend are duplicates of the G250, with slightly different parts so as not to infringe on copyrights. I was not impressed with the variation in the apeks, I have yet to pull apart a legend so I can't say anything about the internal parts on that one.
The Scubapro first stage will outflow the apeks without question, and is a good all around first stage. The apeks is also well made, the internals are very simmilar to the majority of diagphram regs.

I can't comment on what it is I don't own or haven't used. I own to sets of Legend LX Supremes, and I love them.

I can also tell you that they breathe better than any other regulator I have tried when practicing air sharing drills with my dive buddies. You can really notice a difference when taking a breath off of one regulator and then another one, side by side, at depth. Not that any of the others were poor performers, but these were "supreme" among the bunch.

I own a Titan LX Supreme & it's been a great reg for me. Breathes as easily as anything else I've ever tried and can be serviced anywhere. A couple of my buddies dive Apeks 200s (one has the Black Pearl edition) and they're excellent regs as well. I just bought AT20's for my pony. Both Apeks & Aqualung seem to be a great value.
Don't have any experience personally with the others to compare, however.

Ok thanks. That is very helpfull anyone else with more info would be great. Also where I put a \ ie. mk25\x650\r390 that is the full set including the occy same goes for the apex atx 200 second stage and atx40\50 occy. So I guess I should have put sets of regs including occy but a good point though using just the atx40 or 50 as a second stage as a cheaper option for the pony setup. I have the scubapro regs now and will probably go with the apex or maybe the legend lx supreme being cheaper to service hard to say. Any able to help me narrow this one down. Thanks again

Oh sorry nessum just read your post and saw you already answered that question

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom