Aqualung Legend LX Supreme and LX 2nd Stages - leaking from adjustment valve during inhalation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunny_snake

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello team, please could you help?

This is the second time I have services my Aqualung Legend LX Supreme 2nd Stage regulator and LX regulator however this time round I am facing a bizarre issue...

During inhalation, the adjustment valve (includes venturi adjustment on the LX Supreme) has a trickle of small bubbles coming from it only during inhalation. The regulator is not free-flowing at any time.

Both regs are tuned as per manual and the 1st stage interstage pressure is set to 8.5bar as per instructions for 2nd stage. On the Legend LX Supreme, the manual states to back out the adjustment 3/4 of a turn, if I turn it 1/2 a turn this helps but goes against the manual configuration - also, the LX has a similar adjustment of 2 turns but this only makes this situation worse - more bubbles during inhalation. If I tighten as far as I can - against the spring bar - it still leaks.

Any ideas would be most gratefully received. Thanks in advance!

So an update...just completed some remediation - successfully.... initially I thought it may have been the little o-ring on the shuttle assembly...no joy...then I decided to check all o-rings...the o-ring on the adjusting screw was wrong - I selected the wrong one...now using the correct size one (had an o-ring size chart still) and all working well.

Thanks @runsongas your idea

Back
Top Bottom