Which rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We did a "demo day" with her this fall. If we go rEvo it will be with her. If we go Meg it will be with Leon.

I'm glad to hear it. Her demo day two years ago was my first rebreather experience too. :)

Whichever you choose good luck! I dive a Hollis Prism2 myself, which I got from Joshua Hill at Tacoma Scuba. I'd recommend you take a look at it too. Good to the depth you're looking at, Shearwater electronics, and easy to maintain.

- Adrian

I'm glad to hear it. Her demo day two years ago was my first rebreather experience too. :)

Whichever you choose good luck! I dive a Hollis Prism2 myself, which I got from Joshua Hill at Tacoma Scuba. I'd recommend you take a look at it too. Good to the depth you're looking at, Shearwater electronics, and easy to maintain.

- Adrian

Yeah, Tacoma Scuba is awesome. I have spent a fair amount of money in there. I saw the units when they go them in, Josh and Kalyn were just doing the class at the time.

Yeah, Tacoma Scuba is awesome. I have spent a fair amount of money in there. I saw the units when they go them in, Josh and Kalyn were just doing the class at the time.

I was in that class, and yup, they're great people. :)

I'll be doing my MOD II hopefully this spring. I've been very happy with the rebreather so far.

Whichever you choose enjoy it!

- Adrian

I know I asked a similar question a while back. I have been doing tons of research, most of which still has me totally overwhelmed. I know that most people that own brand X think best. I am trying to find a way to decide between 2 brands and probably 4 units. I am hoping to get units and get trained in the next 12 months.

If you have to ask this question this many times then you don't have the experience to follow this path.

If you have to ask this question this many times then you don't have the experience to follow this path.

I'd rather see someone ask the question multiple times, than see them buy the wrong RB for them.
Another biased PNW rEvo owner here... Mel is a great asset for us in the PNW. Not only is she a rEvo instructor, but she is also on the Meg. I would be weary asking "which unit should I get" questions to people invested in a particular unit.

Your right, I am not ready yet, that is why I am asking questions. I did not know that asking 2 similar questions roughly 4 months apart was "this many times".......

Your right, questions are a horrible way to learn :confused: Just how do you suggest one gains more knowledge? Just how do I gain "experience"? Buy one of each and see what one I like best?

This is the least helpful thing I have seen in a long time and there are some "bad" threads going in other spots on this board right now.

---------- Post added December 20th, 2013 at 12:55 AM ----------

I'd rather see someone ask the question multiple times, than see them buy the wrong RB for them.
Another biased PNW rEvo owner here... Mel is a great asset for us in the PNW. Not only is she a rEvo instructor, but she is also on the Meg. I would be weary asking "which unit should I get" questions to people invested in a particular unit.

That is why I am asking in different places. I know different boards and even different areas have different followings. This is not just true for RB but for many things in life.

I know Mel does both and comes highly recommended. I could be wrong but I do feel she has a leaning for the rEvo. Even with a "good" as she is to me it makes more sense to get training right from the source, Leon, if we go Meg.

Last edited:
I know Mel does both and comes highly recommended. I could be wrong but I do feel she has a leaning for the rEvo. Even with a "good" as she is to me it makes more sense to get training right from the source, Leon, if we go Meg.

Not a slam against Leon by ANY means, but just because someone is the creator or manufacturer of a product that doesn't mean they're a good teacher of that product. Some people can create but not educate.

Again, this is NOT directed at Leon. It 'a a generic comment regarding confusing engineering with educating.

-Adrian

I am waiting for a Kiss Spirit LTE right now. I like the small design and the fact that it's tech ready right out of the box. I'm going for training in February and will be diving the hell out of it in Bonaire in May.

When I trained Mel on her first ccr she chose a KISS Classic, then I trained her on an Inspiration for the experience, then she chose a Meg…. There is a reason that she can show you several rebreathers, as she has owned several units. Many of my students over the years have owned more than one rebreather and they have enjoyed each one for its unique differences. This is not a “Subaru” where you drive it to the graveyard and then go buy another one….. J There are a lot of good rebreathers out there, jump in and scrub some bubbles. PNW is some of my favorite diving, enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom