Which P-valve to get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, at least with my valves, Halcyon and LM were using different duckbills. Halcyon's was dark grey or black (can't remember which) and LM's is white. Halcyon's is held in with a delrin piece, LM has a metal piece that rusts. Halcyon's is thicker and less floppy than LMs.

I've had both leak, but I had success with taking the Halcyon apart, cleaning it, and putting it back together. When I took the LM apart, I gave up -- it didn't look like the duckbill itself could be salvaged, and even a trip through the ultrasonic cleaner didn't take the corrosion off the holder.

I am generally a HUGE Light Monkey fan, when it comes to lights -- quality products and insane customer service. I don't like their p-valve.

TSandM, we both agree LM's customer service is top notch, and I would think the pee-valve issues would warrant a call. Have you called them? I just wonder if they updated their product? If not it does sound like the Halcyon is the best on the market.

I have considered making my Halcyon non balanced as I really don't see a need for it. When it leaks again I will. My other pee-valve is a bolt style super simple and there is nothing to fail. It just doesn't flow as well.

I didn't contact LM, and maybe I should have. I just pulled the duckbill out and converted the valve to unbalanced. It's a bit of a nuisance, but better than being soaked.

Well, at least with my valves, Halcyon and LM were using different duckbills. Halcyon's was dark grey or black (can't remember which) and LM's is white. Halcyon's is held in with a delrin piece, LM has a metal piece that rusts. Halcyon's is thicker and less floppy than LMs.

I've had both leak, but I had success with taking the Halcyon apart, cleaning it, and putting it back together. When I took the LM apart, I gave up -- it didn't look like the duckbill itself could be salvaged, and even a trip through the ultrasonic cleaner didn't take the corrosion off the holder.

I am generally a HUGE Light Monkey fan, when it comes to lights -- quality products and insane customer service. I don't like their p-valve.

Which LM valve - they have more than one and they are different.

---------- Post added March 26th, 2013 at 03:35 PM ----------

I recently asked a LOT of locals which one to go with and the general consensus was.......it doesnt matter. They are all so close that any might or might not have a problem. Seems to be all personal preference.

That being said, if there was one that got more "YAY"s than the others, it was the LM Tinkle valve. When I went to NES to buy it, they said that it was by far the best reccomendation - so, thats what I bought.

Have not installed or used it yet......

Last edited:
It's the low profile "tinkle valve" that everybody else seems to be pleased with. I don't like the way the urine routes out of the valve, and I was very disappointed in the assembly of the duckbill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom