Which P-valve to get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

00wabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I want to get a p-valve. I have a white's fusion with bullet skin.

Before I cut a hole in the suit I would like to make sure I am installing a good quality valve.

I like the idea of a balanced valve but heard there can be issues.
I dive with dry gloves so I need something I can get a grip on.

What do you have and like?

All of my suits currently have the Halcyon installed. This is primarily because it's what DUI uses. The quality is great. Never had the least bit of a problem. However alot of the people I dive with are now using the the Light Monkey. They are all very happy with that one as well. Stick with one of the "known" brands and I doubt you'll have any problems .

K

I have a Halcyon and have had an internal failure of the duck bill and the diaphragm. They did send me the replacement parts, and yes it is always flushed with 50% vinegar and 50% alcohol.

Today I would be taking a good look at the Light Monkey setup.

The most important thing is flow and I can say the Halcyon does flow excellent. Dry gloves are not a problem even with just a simple bolt.

Installation is very easy in a Fusion. I went by a post in the past and grabbed a neoprene washer from Home Depot and did not use glue.

What is a dry glove modification? What exactly did you install? If you mean you installed cuffs be them oval or round, then you are fully capable of doing a pee-valve.

Look at the LM pee-valve that looks similar to the Halcyon valve.

I have used both the LM and the H valves. If I were buying another valve today, it would be the Halcyon. I like the way the fluid routes out of the valve better (it's much easier to tell if you have a disconnect) and the resistance seems lower. In addition, although the duckbills are problematic with both, the ones in the H valve are much sturdier and installed in what seems to be a better fashion than the LM. The little metal piece LM uses to hold the duckbill in corrodes, too.

3 for 3 leaking duckbills on DiveRite.

I am looking to try a real check balve this year.

Pete

I had a leaking duck bill valve on my Light Monkey p-valve.
I have a Santi eMotion on the way with a Santi valve. It looks like a Light Monkey valve to me.
I am guessing that the Halcyon and Light monkey are using the same duck bill valve.
I currently have the duck bill valve hole sealed up, because of the leaking.
I also flush it with alcohol/vinegar, followed by alcohol, then water.
I have spray bottles of each that I use before and after diving. I don't want a UTI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom