Which online stores would you recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leisurepro, ScubaToys, TechDivingLimited are three I've used without issue. LP, and ST have very good return policies. I've never returned anything to TDL. There are MANY others, and I'm sure you will get many other options, or have already.

I have only used Scuba Toys and with no problems..( Just with Philippine Customs).. lol

I've used Scuba.com many, many times and never had any problems. Their return policy is very customer friendly.

Scubatoys offers the manufacturers warranty on all products. Leisurepro does not. They do offer their own warranty on products, but it will be LP servicing the equipment not the manufacturer.

Scubatoys has always matched the same pricing from LP and also offers a 10% discount for SB members.

PH

Hi,

Which reputable online stores would you recommend for some basic snorkel gear - mask, snorkel, boots, fins, wetsuit? as some of these stuff may not fit well, I'm looking for place that has good service, easy to exchange policies.

If you just want basic snorkel gear.... why bother paying "3 times as much" as ANY scuba store.

Just go to your local Walmart or local "big box" sporting goods store and get their $15 to $18 snorkel package. typically it'll come with mask, snorkel, and a pair of standard full-foot basic fins.

I only say this because you asked for "basic snorkel gear" and not higher end equipment.

Scubatoys offers the manufacturers warranty on all products. Leisurepro does not. They do offer their own warranty on products, but it will be LP servicing the equipment not the manufacturer.

come on now... why throw in that argument?

we're talking about a mask, snorkel, and a pair of fins... what is there to service?

Scubatoys has always matched the same pricing from LP and also offers a 10% discount for SB members.

I don't think that ST will give you "price match" and 10% discount also. You whatever is cheaper, but not both.

Just go to your local Walmart or local "big box" sporting goods store and get their $15 to $18 snorkel package. typically it'll come with mask, snorkel, and a pair of standard full-foot basic fins.

I only say this because you asked for "basic snorkel gear" and not higher end equipment.

come on now... why throw in that argument?

we're talking about a mask, snorkel, and a pair of fins... what is there to service?

I don't think that ST will give you "price match" and 10% discount also. You whatever is cheaper, but not both.

Mike,
Thanks for the helpful wallmart suggestion, I'm sure that is what the OP was looking for.

I never said you could get both the price match and the 10% discount at the same time. But both do exist and people might like to use them if applicable.

As for not needing to service a mask or snorkel....again thanks for the helpful tip. But at some point the OP might want to purchase more than snorkel gear and at that point the manufacture's warranty might be of value to him. It didn't seem that big of a stretch.

PH

Hi,

Which reputable online stores would you recommend for some basic snorkel gear - mask, snorkel, boots, fins, wetsuit? as some of these stuff may not fit well, I'm looking for place that has good service, easy to exchange policies.

thanks,

Jason

The more I think about this question the more important I think it is for you to go to your Local Dive Shop for your mask at the very least. While mouthpieces fit different shaped mouths, fins fit different shaped feet, and wetsuits can stretch a bit to fit different shaped bodies, a mask that doesn't fit your face can't really be forced to work right, and will be an annoyance as long as you have it.

There is no replacement for walking up to a wall of masks and trying them on until you find the one that seems like it was made specifically for your face, and while a local shop might cost a little more than on-line, having a mask that really fits is invaluable.

But at some point the OP might want to purchase more than snorkel gear and at that point the manufacture's warranty might be of value to him. It didn't seem that big of a stretch.

PH

You have a valid point.

that and if he ever wants to get into "long fin" freediving for example, he won't want to do it with a "wal-mart" mask and you can't get long fins from Wally-world either.

For your typical "vacation snorkeler" though it would be ok.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom