which one should i buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lungs

Reaction score
UK C4 eLED Light or Princeton Tec Shockwave LED Light .....both for the same price which one is better???

I was once faced with the same decision, and between the two I bought the Shockwave.
Here's why:
  • Better burn time (a set of batteries lasts me a dive season).
  • Brighter (400 lumens vice 205 for the UK on "high").
  • The switch is easier to use with the heavy gloves we wear here in the Great Lakes.
  • Felt better in my hand.
They're about the same money, so it was a no-brainer. The trade-off is that the Shockwave weighs almost a pound more (it uses 8 cells, whereas the UK uses 4).

UK C4 eLED Light or Princeton Tec Shockwave LED Light .....both for the same price which one is better???

Neither, both leak:shocked2:Spend the extra $ and get yourself a Halycon back up light i believe Indian Valley scuba has one left. It is a regular xeon bulb , but a great light will not flood and takes a beating.

If you like the Shockwave, take notice of the Miniwave; holds half the batteries so a smaller form factor, & since LEDs last a long time, has held out well for me. I'm not saying it's better than the Shockwave; just more in line with what I like.

Richard.

If you like the Shockwave, take notice of the Miniwave; holds half the batteries so a smaller form factor, & since LEDs last a long time, has held out well for me. I'm not saying it's better than the Shockwave; just more in line with what I like.

Richard.

junkwave:shakehead:

Think twice before you buy a Halcyon backup light. They are overpriced and under perform.

Essentially, it's a good (and overpriced) body with out of date components. You definitely don't want a Xenon bulb and their leds are outdated as well.

The UK and Princton Tec stuff should be fine if you like plastic lights with pistol grips.

If you're looking for something else you can find that too but GUE (I mean Halcyon) stuff is just overpriced and last years technology.

Last edited:
the thing is that im going to start night diving and i dont have a clue of which light to buy!!!

i would love to buy one of your lights but im looking for someting between $100 ---$150

The M220 will fit your budget :wink: Try it and if you don't like it for any reason you can send it back to us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom