Which of the 2 LOB's have more shallow dives in a week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello guys...
Can these be bought in Walmart etc?

Or should i try amazon (i have prime)?
Lycra socks,
Lycra skin,
long sleeve rash guards ,
compression pants.

Board shorts that are scuba friendly
(Do you wear underwear when you dive in them? )

I only have the common, cheap simple plastic clamps for hanging clothes... is there a bigger stronger one? Pls gimme a link.

I think I'll just bring a small laundry BAR soap... just in case. Should be easy to quickly wash shorts to dry in the deck.

Thx

Nm.... went to dicks and they didn't have full lycra skin! Ordered everything from amazon, .what a company!

Just debating about the clothing clamps. I think i need bigger ones... searching for them still.

Also I'm thinking I'll carry 200usd cash, will that be enough?? Guessing i can use credit card in Nassau.....

Thx

Nm.... went to dicks and they didn't have full lycra skin! Ordered everything from amazon, .what a company!

Just debating about the clothing clamps. I think i need bigger ones... searching for them still.
Thx
You are over thinking this. Everything (everybody?) on a LOB emits odors after day 2.

You do need several ( more than 1, maybe 2ish) bathing suits. Your spare can hang from any bar with no clothes pins.

You can wash any of your clothes with the same stuff you wash yourself.

As was said above, don't over think this. There is a clothes line that runs above your spot on the dive deck. You can throw anything that needs to dry over that.

Here is a shot (from the internet) that shows the dive stations and you can see a towel hanging off the clothes line.
divedeck1.jpg

@miserkris I am guessing that this is your first LOB. IMHO, you picked a great boat. The diving is easy, the food is great and the crew is amazing. (Say "Hi" to Virginia and Captain Ron for me.) I was on the Aquacat last October, and I was the only one in the group of people that I was traveling with who had previously been on her. I put together a little "Trip Tips" package that you may (or may not) find useful. It is written for a group of people that I know well, and it is a little tongue in cheek.

Here it is. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• AquaCat Trip Tips.pdf
    7.4 MB · Views: 114
Sorry Kris, I just re-read the thread & realized that you had asked a question that had gone totally unanswered.
As for cash, once I drop my stuff off at the boat, I typically just hang out at the Green Parrot Bar & Grill. Cash is best there, so you will need enough to cover your meal (great burgers there) and maybe "one or two" beverages depending on what time you get there. Once you are on the boat, you will need cash for the donation to the Bahamas Hyperbaric chamber (I think it is $10USD). If you go to Pig Island, you might spend the night in Staniel Cay and having some cash would be handy there. Everything else on the boat you can use a credit card for (Visa & MC will be fine, not sure about AMEX or others). On the boat, you will have your NITROX (if you use it) and the tip (about 15% is what they recommend). I usually plan on $400-500ish total for the tip (The crew will divide it up later.) and that seems about a typical amount that each guest tends to tip. (The crew will earn every penny of that tip.) You will also find cash handy if you just go to the Green Parrot for dinner on Friday night. You will be fine with a credit card if you go to a "real restaurant" though.

If you bring $200USD cash, you will likely be OK. If you find that you need a little more when you get back to Nassau, there is a Scotia Bank (Bank of Nova Scotia) with an ATM about 100yards from where the Aquacat docks. (It might dispense Bahamian cash, I don't know.)

Edited to clear up something that was originally ambiguous.

...On the boat, you will have your NITROX (if you use it) and the tip (about 15% is what they recommend). I usually count on $400-500ish per person for the tip. (The crew will earn every penny of that tip...

Would you please clarify what you mean by "$400-500ish per person for the tip" - is that total or per person? If it is per person for the entire crew it would add several thousand dollars to the price of the trip.

I agree that the crew work hard and deserve a good tip, but not more than the entire cost of the cruise! I usually figure a percentage of the total cost of the cruise (for both of us) before taxes - similar to calculating the tip for a restaurant meal - and NOT based on the number of people that participated in preparing and serving the meal.

Would you please clarify what you mean by "$400-500ish per person for the tip" - is that total or per person? If it is per person for the entire crew it would add several thousand dollars to the price of the trip.

I agree that the crew work hard and deserve a good tip, but not more than the entire cost of the cruise! I usually figure a percentage of the total cost of the cruise (for both of us) before taxes - similar to calculating the tip for a restaurant meal - and NOT based on the number of people that participated in preparing and serving the meal.
Sorry if I was unclear. Perhaps "per guest" would have been a better choice of words than "per person".

What I meant was that typically I would leave $400-500 and that would be around the average that each guest would leave as a tip. Some might leave less. Some might leave more. The crew divides this tip up later.

I will edit my post to reflect this.

Thx guys.

Is there wifi avail at the dock areas?

Also,
I always shave my moustache before any scuba lol. ... but i do see some experienced divers with a hairy face....

I noticed that the mask seal isn't great with the moustache, is it the case with others?

Just curious

Sorry if I was unclear. Perhaps "per guest" would have been a better choice of words than "per person".

What I meant was that typically I would leave $400-500 and that would be around the average that each guest would leave as a tip. Some might leave less. Some might leave more. The crew divides this tip up later.

I will edit my post to reflect this.

Gotcha! I thought you meant the crew!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom