Which marine life would you liked to have tattooed on you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MantaRey:
ok... calm down lady, just pushing his buttons.

Is that the best you can do? You were unsuccessfully trying to push his buttons after he pushed yours.

MSilvia:
I'm very nearly finished with the design of what will almost certainly be my next one... once I've looked at the drawing for a few months and still feel happy with it.

It's a giant squid fighting a sperm whale.

I had been looking at tattoos for a while, and I couldnt decide on one until my international relations class (Thanks prof!!)

I got a wavy scuba flag with water and bubbles around in on my lower right hip. I'll try and get a picture up! I love it so much; it was a great 21st birthday present to myself!

It's covered by my clothing and most of my suits (except 1) cover it. Everyone whose seen it loves it, and even my PARENTS approve! I'm also the last person people thought I would get a tattoo. I kinda want another!

KidK9:
Wouldnt it be cool if we could go back thru and look at the thread with all the scuba tattoos and pictures? Oh yeah, we can't, because the photo option doesnt work anymore.
Patience, the photos will be back.

A Scotsman on a horse!

Oh, that isn't really marine life is it? Saw some Monty Python last night and got carried away.

Never mind...

ScubaBabe22:
I kinda want another!
Addictive, aren't they?

I always design my own, and I choose designs that have lots of meaning for me on many levels. For example, my ancestors were from Pico, an island on a sperm whale migration route. I worked on a squid fishing trawler for a while, and am facinated by mysterious things in the ocean... the whale vs. squid idea seemed like a cool tattoo superficially, and seemed to suit me, but both creatures have symbolic meaning for me also, so there are whole other layers of meaning I'm not even touching on. All that aside, I think it's a really good idea to spend some time with the artwork before committing to it. I kept a folded up sketch of my last one in my pocket for about 6 months, and periodically took it out to admire, critique, and alter. Once several months had passed with no changes, I found an artist I liked and got 'er done.

I can't imagine walking into a tattoo parlor on a whim and getting inked with some random flash drawing. Those are the tats that keep the laser removal guys in business.

Life size phytoplankton, I'm not big on tatoos

it would probably be a stingray on my left bum cheek :p

Yes, half way through my first one I was thinking about a second one.

1) Below my belly button "No Deco Stops" (crude, but slightly funny)
2) Across my back, bullseye style "Remember when sex was safe and Scuba diving was dangerous?"

Back
Top Bottom