Which Mares Octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have decided to get a Mares Abyss because I am getting a good deal on one from my LDS. They matched an online price so I can't really pass up the deal. I am just a bit up in the air on which octo to get. Any recomendations?

cstreu1026:
I have decided to get a Mares Abyss because I am getting a good deal on one from my LDS. They matched an online price so I can't really pass up the deal. I am just a bit up in the air on which octo to get. Any recomendations?
Whichever you will be comfortable breathing yourself if your buddy pulls your primary out of your face :wink:
I had a Mares Nikos that was suddenly freeflowing after service so it had to be replaced by Mares(Warranty!!!) and now I have an Axis dangling on the side.
Nowdays you will probably get a Proton?
I am very anal about things like that because I think that products of one company will work best with other products of the same company.

Agreed. it also facilitates service. This way you aren't running around trying to find someone to service your octo.

Get a dacor Viper octo. It is by the same company (technically), doesn't get in the way since it sits flat against your body due to its shape, and you can't put it in your mouth upside down since it works either way. Not too expensive either.

Back
Top Bottom