Which make of the manifold and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparticleBrane point is taken about 200 bar. I have 200 bar pro valves on my tanks now, sometimes it's handy to have the insert in:) As there is not difference strength-wise 200 will make more sense.

Got the order placed fo 200 thermo and the bands. .. waiting :)

You'll get it pretty soon -- DGE ships quickly.

The manifolds from Piranha Dive Manufacturing go for $149.00. Not sure about the shipping though.

The o-ring face seal is technically superior to the barrel o-ring seal. Industry rarely uses the barrel style. SCUBA manifolds use 2 or three o-rings in the barrel style to get similar reliability to a single face seal o-ring.

In the real world, the advantage of the barrel o-ring manifolds is adjustability of spacing between tanks and the advantage of the OMS face seal is a stronger manifold if you are lifting the rig by the manifold. Over the years, I have seen many barrel style manifolds bent from abuse but never a face seal manifold.

I own both and personally have not had a problem with either type.

Back
Top Bottom