Which is your Favourite Wreck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attakulla Lodge, Lake Jocassee, SC
250ft to 280ft
Attakulla Lodge.jpg

The Lodge is lying on its right side and is intact. This is of course a photo taken prior to the Jocassee Valley being flooded.

Is that a man made dam? I've always wanted to dive a dam with submerged buildings. From the ones i've researched, most have been zero to nill vis.

So much rust, so little time...

Vote number however-many for the Fujikawa at Truk (or the Nippo Maru, or Rio De Janeiro, or ,or...)

Am I allowed to nominate pretty much everything at Coron, in the Philippines, especially the Akitsushima and the Irako Maru?

Mind you, there's a whole bunch of deep wrecks here in the Solomons, including the USS Aaron Ward and the USS Atlanta, that I haven't got around to yet...

Yes, a man made dam. Other great dive sites at Lake Jocassee include a cemetary and church foundation usually around 150ft ( now 120ft since we've had very little rain ), a Chinese junk at 50ft sitting next to a ledge/wall which drops to around 300 to 350 ft, and lots of forests very much intact. Vis usually 30ft + below the thermocline which is around 70ft this time of year. Proximity to the dam itself has been restircted since 9/11. Would hate to be nearby anyway as the pumping schedule is sporatic.

1. The Donator, France, 48m - if only for the sealife

2. The Rondo, Sound of Mull, Scotland from 50m upto the surface

3. The Hispania, Sound of Mull, Scotland, 26m - if only for the exceptional vis and life last time I dived it.

4. SMS Karlsruhe, Scapa Flow, Scotland, 25m - all the Scapa wrecks are excellent, but this one is on its side rather than upside down, and usually with good vis, and reasonable luminosity compared to the deeper wrecks, and a plethora of life.

Jon

U.S.S. Spigel Grove
60-130ft
Key Largo, Fl, USA

I know artificial reef not a true wreck but the only thing close I have had the chance to dive on :) in my 13 dive career.

Sent from my IPad using Tapatalk

I was lucky enough to have dove it when it was still on it's side. I would love to dive it again now that it has been uprighted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom