Which is your Favourite Wreck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll second the Thistlegorm

"le polynesienne"

55-70m

malta.

the chuuk wrecks are pretty special but they come a second.

The Algeria
35 feet
Cleveland Ohio USA

The 285ft Algeria was overwhelmed by a storm on September 5th 1906. She was anchored outside the harbor due to a longshoremen strike not taking sailing vessels. 5 men were sent ashore in her yawl, 3 left on board [skipper, chief & cook]. Only the “1-eyed cook” survived. Wreck was dynamited and clam shelled for her iron ore cargo in November of the same year. One of the largest wooden vessels ever built.

Fun after work dive. Located 1 mile off the Cleveland Browns stadium on Lake Erie. Location 41deg 31.23', 81deg 42.94'.

Mine has to be the SMS Cormoran and Tokai Maru. Max Depth is 38 Meters they are in Apra Harbor Guam.

The interesting thing about these two ships is they are casualties of two different world wars and are actually touching each other. SMS Cormoran was a German Cargo Ship and the Tokai was a Japanese Vessel... I have dived them twenty or more times and each time I "discovered" something New.

Cheers,
Roger

oregon_0019.jpgoregon steering quadrant.jpgSS Oregon, Cunard Liner, sunk 1886, Long Island, New York. 130 fsw. This spectacular wreck is 520 something feet long and has amazing artifacts, wild cave- like penetration possibilities and is an incredible lobster/scallop dive. Something for everyone. A view of the steering quadrant will leave your mouth hanging open in wonder.

Last edited:
RMS Rhone
70-80' front half - shallower on the back half.
British Virgin Islands
caribbean-charter-1.jpg
Remember "The Deep"? The scene where Jacqueline Bisset swims out of a wreck hatch. Filmed there.

SS Wisconsin in lake Michigan, usually dive it with captain Dale, Waukegan IL USA 100-120'

the Prince Albert 140' Tanker
45fsw
Roatan Honduras (Cocoview)

timmy016.jpg

Back
Top Bottom