which is the best wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blue32

Reaction score
I'm brand new to diving and I know practicaly nothing about equipment. I'd love to hear some opinions on wetsuits. I get cold fairly easily but I will be doing mostly warm water dives. I wore a 5m henderson hyperstretch during my checkout dives. I liked it , but how does it compare to other suits? I read something about titanium lined suits that dry in 3 minutes, is that true? All info is appreciated! :wink:

Henderson makes excellent quality wetsuits. If you liked how the one you wore fit, then I would keep it high on my list when you purchase a suit. You could also look at other manufacturers such as Bare.

As far as titanium lined suits that dry in three minutes, no. The titanium suit by Henderson is probably what you wore. It is called the Titanium Hyperstretch. The fit on these is awesome because of its streching ability. The suits that dry in three minutes are the Henderson Gold Core. Very pricey though.

I have a 5mm gold core jumpsuit and I wear the gold core 3mm/5mm hooded vest underneath it when it gets nippy. I have worn this down to 45-50 degrees F and have been comfortable.

Leisurepro has pretty good prices on them...my girlfriend got the Gold Core 5mm Farmer Jane (which basically comes with a 5mm shorty) for about $300.

in his world of diving is:

1. The one that fits
2. The one that does the job you want done

of lesser importance

3. It looks cool
4. You can afford it.

If you have tried it anf it felt good then it was probably right for those conditions. Just remember that as you travel around and as the seasons change the requirement for the suit will too.

I use one of the Scubapro steamers and love it but it meets my needs...

Blue32

Check out www.scubadiving.com for some tips on equipment buying in general and wetsuits in particular.

Fit is key - you want to minimise water transfer inside the suit.

Everyone is built differently so get the one that fits you.

regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom