Which Inon close-up lens to choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm debating between the two Inon close-up lenses:
The UCl-330 and the newer UCL-165. The 165 is approx 2X the magnification of the 330 but you have to be closer to the subject.

For those of you using either or both of these lenses, or have knowledge of them, I would apprciate your opinions.

I have a 165 and have only used it once in our lake. With nothing else to compare it to my opinion doesn't count for much. I can see having to get closer will be a problem with some skittish fish like some of the Blennies but overall I think I'll like it just fine.

After talking to yuzo I will also be getting stacked 165's....I have to hunt thru my emails for the reason why this would be the better choice. If you're interested let me know and I'll look when I get off from work on Monday/Tuesday

PS: Hope the storm passes us by...

I think the big reason is the added magnification. Yes, you gotta get real close when you stack 'em :11: ...but that is why I wanted them!

With just the single one I was able to get some nice eel & shrimp stuff as well as some small fish who just skit around their hidey holes. I must say I haven't played with it nearly enough yet. I mostly got the two as I want to stack and play with that first.

If I get out tomorrow or the next day I'll have a little play - or maybe I should stick em on and play in the garden - and let you know what I come up with...

Like Dee said, I have only used these so don't know nuttin bout the others!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom