Which GoPro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big fish63

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for a small lightweight camera to shoot some topside shots, time-lapses, a bit on the water surface and maybe just below the suface 1-2m. I was going to buy the hd hero 2 but now the 3 is almost out, should i consider one of those options or will the hero 2 cover all my needs?

The hero 2 should cover all your needs and would be an attractive option right now as good deals are available - the outdoor edition is currently $200 on amazon with free shipping. If you keep your eyes peeled, better deals are likely to pop up. If you are are going to shoot underwater you'll want to get the dive housing with the flat glass, which you will also need to factor in. The Hero 3 comes with flat glass, so it is underwater ready without an additional purchase. Here is a link to the hero3 options: HERO3 Comparison Chart The Hero 3, especially the black edition does look pretty sweet. I have three hero 2's and love them, but I am drooling over the new Hero 3 black edition....

Good Luck - Rick

I really like my Hero 2 and am drooling over the Black Hero 3 as well. I have no plans on buying the 3 at this time because I want to see how it performs. Also, were is the red filter for it, when will one become available?
I am sure there will be plenty of deals on Hero 2s which is a very good camera. Mine is going to serve me for many years before I replace it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom