Which force fins to get

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
So I am looking for a new pair of fins. Currently I have the Mares Quattro. Actually I think they are ok but got tired of packing them since they are quite large. Anyhow, I tried a pair of force fins pro once a while ago and found them quite good as well. Anyhow, so I am looking now for a possiblity of force fins but there are no local dealer where I live currently. I am looking for something with decent thrust but more importantly, something very efficient since I dive with a buddy who is about 135 lbs and seemed to have gills as she never seemed to run out of air. What should I get, pro, tan delta, extra force, extra force with tan delta material, excellerating? How abou those whiskers, bat wings, force wings.
I am very confused! Any opinion on all these varieties and accessory would be appreciated.
I already tried the split fins already and did not like them. The Volos are just as big as the quattros so I don't really want those either.

With the Quattros, I have had mine for 5 years and would not give them up for the any other fin currentley on the market.

I was on a boat the other day with 15 divers and everyone of them had on Quattro.s

Sydney_Diver once bubbled...
With the Quattros, I have had mine for 5 years and would not give them up for the any other fin currentley on the market.

I was on a boat the other day with 15 divers and everyone of them had on Quattro.s

Hi, I don't think I would give up the Quattros either especially for local dive or those that I can drive to. However, when I have to fly, it is a bit of a problem. With the UW camera equipments, etc, I am trying to find a way to reduce the bulk of equipments and thought that force fins might work a bit better in that situation.

I don't mean to add to the confusion, but i would suggest you look at Volo's. I got a pair a while ago and the thrust on them is unbelievable... There size is quite good to...

try them!!!!

first off guys the person asked about which set of force fins not to start off a flame war so sid keep to the topic

ssra30

as for force fins i would recomend the pro's to you to start with because they are easiest to dive with and pack. as for the deltas i would leave them alone for a while becuse they are much more stiff then the pros and if your not used to something that stiff it will wear you out(stiffness compared to the deltas is 5-8 greater then the pros).

also remember when kicking with FF dont use a full flutter kick with them because after your kick reaches the midway point of your kick you just point the energy down instead of behind you (midway point is when your legs are extended straight out)

if you need anymore help pm me.

scubatooth,
Thanks for the rec, it is always nice to get a recommendation to get something cheaper rather than the most expensive one :)
(not that a hundred dollars is cheap for fin, but relatively).
I think I'll give the pro a try since I did tried it once before. I still cringe a bit at the price of the other.
Thanks also for the tip of the kick, will try that in a pool before my next dive trip.

to me the only reason some one should use the deltas is if they have some very strong legs or are always diving and swimming againist the current.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom