Which first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Da Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking into upgrading my first stage. I currently have a PX3 from Oceanic and am looking into upgrading to either FDX10 from Oceanic or the HOG D1 Cold first stage. The price of the FDX10 is around $310 or so, and the D1 is around $150. I have buddies who use the D1 and they love it. I was wondering if y'all had any insight on to which of these 2 first stages would be the best. Right now I am NOT concerned with the price. As I am only doing research on these two first stages. I would like your thoughts and opinions on them. I will be doing normal reef, wreck diving, some cave diving, and alot of quarry diving. So, I could be venturing into some cold water environments which my current first stage is not designed for nor is it environmental sealed from the underwater elements which the D1 and FDX10 first stages are. So, let's hear y'alls thoughts on which one is better.

Back
Top Bottom