Which fin of the two. Need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Theo205

New
Reaction score
Hello!
I've been lurking around this great board for some time now and I just registered since I just got my first scuba certification.
Although a new diver I've been freediving/snorkeling around the island for at least 12 years so i know a thing or two about choosing the basic equippment.

The problem now is that i I need to get me a pair of open-heel fins and i need your opinion because I cant make a comparison to fullfoot fins.

My two options is the AERIS Velocity and the AERIS Velocity XP split fin. Although the XP model is the more expensive model I will get them for approximately the same price , so cost is not an issue.

Now I DONT WONT to turn this into another split vs paddle fins. I've already searched and learned everything regarding their pros and cons. Although i prefer paddle fins the Aeris Velocity XP is said that it is designed in such way that will allow for various kicks which other split fins will not. So i though I give it a chance.

I have both fins at home now for fit-testing and I have noticed a huge difference between them!!As if they are not made from the same factory. Although they are both sized as M-L the VelocityXP pocket is HUGE and very uncomfortable.. I dont feel it hugging the foot and the rubber is a bit hard.

In contrast, the Velocity has a very comfy pocket and it is lighter. It also seems that is the special favorite of many divers on this board.

Two fins side by side

Fins footpockets compared

What would help very much is a testimonial/opinion of someone that has used the VelocityXP so that I know if they are as good as they are saying they are.

Thanks

Regards Theo

I bought a pair of the Aeries Velocity Duo fins(see below- mine are yel-l
p_fins_duo1.jpg
er) about 6 months ago, have 30 dives with them & like them alot.....have about 7 of those dives in very 'heavy' current, the Gulf of Mexico on the Fling......I would get them again(also, wife has used for a couple of dives with them & likes them too)

Theo205:
Hello!
My two options is the AERIS Velocity and the AERIS Velocity XP split fin. Although the XP model is the more expensive model I will get them for approximately the same price , so cost is not an issue.

Nobody can give you a valid answer, any more than somone can tell you whether chocolate or vanilla is "better"

You'll need to try them and see which you like.

Terry

Web Monkey:
Nobody can give you a valid answer, any more than somone can tell you whether chocolate or vanilla is "better"

You'll need to try them and see which you like.

Terry

Well Said.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom