Which Everflex 5mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kappa22

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all

I'm set to buy a ScubaPro Everflex 5mm after reading many rave reviews online. However I've discovered a few different types/models and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice deciding between them?

1. Old Everflex C-Zip - SCUBAPRO -

2. Old Everflex 5/4mm - Scubapro Everflex 5/4mm Steamer Back Zip

3. 2016 Everflex 5/4 - http://www.scubapro.com/en-GB/SWE/divewear/wetsuits/products/everflex-75,-54,-32.aspx

I've read C-zip might be warmer compared to the two which have a conventional back zip. Does that have any truth? Are there any other differences ? Is it more or less comfortable ? As durable?

The 2016 model is almost 50% more expensive than the previous two. Are there any significant differences compared to the older models?

Any help would be appreciated.

spro15_mens_everflex_5_4.jpg
sp_everflex5_4_m_cz_f_2071.jpg
evrflx_7_5_m-700x700.jpg

I have a two year old Everflex 5/4. It's flexible and has a warm lining. I like that it has zippers in the ankles and it seals out the water better than any suit I have worn. What I don't like is Scubapro has redesigned the zipper so that it no longer zips straight up the back, but on a diagonal. I really had no trouble getting into my suit but now have to ask my buddy to zip me in.

Back
Top Bottom