Which drysuit brand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 on DUI. They didn't insure our suits we sent in for "factory service" when they shipped them back. UPS lost them and then DUI gave us a pittance back. They wouldn't share any info on what compensation they received from UPS and I'm wondering if they made a profit on the deal. Lots of "sorries" and worthless platitudes but in the end we are out a bunch of money on drysuits that were lightly used. Will never trust DUI again. Be warned if you ever contemplate sending your gear to them for service.
yikes!

I recently got the SEAL SL:01 about a month ago and its been great on the 12 dives I've used it for so far. It was my first drysuit (also did my certification in it) and it was super easy to learn to use. Id highly recommend a custom suit as it makes it much easier to learn on.

I recently got the SEAL SL:01 about a month ago and its been great on the 12 dives I've used it for so far. It was my first drysuit (also did my certification in it) and it was super easy to learn to use. Id highly recommend a custom suit as it makes it much easier to learn on.
I used a rental to learn for a couple reasons. First, I wasn't 100% sure if drysuit diving was what I really wanted to do. Second, I didn't know enough to start thinking about what drysuit I would want or what features I would want if I bought one of my own. I have a custom made suit now, and I like it a lot, with a couple small nits to pick. I probably wouldn't be as happy with it if I had had one made before diving with a rental for about six months. It was pretty obvious to me that it was a good idea right away, but it was a bit longer before I could pay for a suit and then there's the wait. A little patience is a good thing. Sounds like it worked out for you how you did it though, so that's great. You went into it with a whole lot more prior experience than I did.

I used a rental to learn for a couple reasons. First, I wasn't 100% sure if drysuit diving was what I really wanted to do. Second, I didn't know enough to start thinking about what drysuit I would want or what features I would want if I bought one of my own. I have a custom made suit now, and I like it a lot, with a couple small nits to pick. I probably wouldn't be as happy with it if I had had one made before diving with a rental for about six months. It was pretty obvious to me that it was a good idea right away, but it was a bit longer before I could pay for a suit and then there's the wait. A little patience is a good thing. Sounds like it worked out for you how you did it though, so that's great. You went into it with a whole lot more prior experience than I did.
Where I live, in Finland, six months rent would be close to 6000€ or 65€ per day, not very cheap option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom