Which do you prefer-Lantern or pistol grip? Why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a fantasy of making my own Goodman-type handle for it, to fit into the dovetail slot like the others. I work in a machine shop, so it wouldn't be too hard to do, it's just that at the end of the day when it's time to decide do I want to stay another hour or two and work on this handle, or go home and relax, well, so far it's just a fantasy.

I realize just putting a Goodman handle on a big bulky battery case like the Light Cannon probably won't work very well, but I won't know for sure until I make one and try it. Who knows, it may work just fine.

Here's a homemade Goodman handle on my Darkbuster below. Works very well, and stays on, especially since I replaced the snowboard leash in the picture with a velcro dive knife leg strap.

Its especially sweet that my homemade goodman handle that took about an hour to make and install makes my $400.00 24 Watt HID nearly as useful as a 21 Watt canister HID, but at less than a third of the price (and brighter).
24w%20hid%20with%20ghandle.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom