Which dive OP in Roatan ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-QC

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have read a few threads and can't find the answer i'm looking for...One thing I hate on vacation is being 20 divers on a same dive site so i'm looking for a dive op in Roatan that brings small groups (8-10 or less.)to dive sites...

Cocoview seems to have fullpacked boats as well as Fantasy Island...

Do you have any suggestion ???

Also I would be there from January 14th to 21st...when does the rainy season end's ???

Scuba-QC:
I have read a few threads and can't find the answer i'm looking for...One thing I hate on vacation is being 20 divers on a same dive site so i'm looking for a dive op in Roatan that brings small groups (8-10 or less.)to dive sites...

ould be there from January 14th to 21st...when does the rainy season
Also I w end's ???
Due to time limitations imposed by my job,Im forced to do my diving in Jan and Feb. I would try to get past the month of Jan as much as possible. One can never predict anything for sure,but there is a good chance that those times may be a little wet. Rainy season can mean anything from a stray thunderstorm to heavy all day for several days in a row. The end of Jan typically is the end of the rainy season. Ive been doing this for 10 years or more and would hedge my bets by going a little later if its not too late.

Scuba-QC:

You didn't list where you would be staying, but if you are open for accommodations the Reef House Resort would seem to fill the bill for small group dive boats. The never run more than 8 to 10 on a boat and the reefs down past Oak Ridge are spectacular and definately very, very healthy since there are not many divers that far down/up...my point of reference is a little off today. :06:

But please don't simply believe me...do some research, contact the resort directly, look at www.tripadvisor.com or other off board resources...we had a wonderful time in Roatan and I'm sure you will to, regardless of which dive op/resort you choose. :D

Be sure and post a report when you get back.

There is a difference between 15 divers "fullpacked" onto a 28 passenger boat versus 8-10 on a boat to its full capacity.

"Trip Advisor" is amusing, but not populated by SCUBA travellers of any substantial base of experience.

Absolutely- post reports when you get back- and even more valuable... visit several resorts and post your comparisons!

You might love Oak Ridge's reef House Resort, best described not as "up or down", more like to the far East, along the South shore.

Roatan is best known for its micro life, go slowly and look closely!

As a general rule for small groups go to small shops. There are a multitude of operators in the West End. Buy a flight, find accomodation on the internet and when you arrive wander down 'The strip' checking out the dive operators - you'll find one that suits you for sure! If you avoid pre booking your dive package and select an operator when you get here you will know exactly what you are getting for your money, rather than relying on fancy websites/brochures which have to be paid for by getting bums on seats!

Will

If you like a big comfortable boat but small groups..check out Coconut Tree Divers in West End. They have a boat very similar to Cocoview and Fantasy, but take a maximum of 5 buddy groups. They are PADI authorised and have a safe air certificate checked every 3 months. They offer 4 daily dives and we've always had a great time with them.

shadowdiver:
If you like a big comfortable boat but small groups..check out Coconut Tree Divers in West End. They have a boat very similar to Cocoview and Fantasy, but take a maximum of 5 buddy groups. They are PADI authorised and have a safe air certificate checked every 3 months. They offer 4 daily dives and we've always had a great time with them.
Ditto. have used them several times and was very pleased with them. Boats are big,spacious and generally uncrowded. A very good operation.

RoatanMan:
"Trip Advisor" is amusing, but not populated by SCUBA travellers of any substantial base of experience.

Absolutely- post reports when you get back- and even more valuable... visit several resorts and post your comparisons!

You might love Oak Ridge's reef House Resort, best described not as "up or down", more like to the far East, along the South shore.

Roatan is best known for its micro life, go slowly and look closely!

Hmmm - my scuba travel experience base is in question I see - no matter, I'm as questionable as they come I suppose.

Scuba QC, I can recommend Reef House Resort as well from our experience based on our stay in April 2005. Trip Advisor is where the current owners requested trip reports posted by their guests, so I posted mine both on this board and on Trip Advisor. Simple matter of copy & paste. See the stuff on 'great personalized service" and you'll find my posts here or there.

They'll take a group as small as 1 if that's the only diver wanting to dive on the property - we were a group of 4 all week - me, my wife, the DM, and the Boat Captain.

Hey all you Roatan travellers, got a question. Due to work situations, I need to go to Roatan in Jan 2006. First choice was CCV. They are booked until April. Second choice is AKR. Third is BIBR. Anyone have a strong recommendation against one of those? I tend to like all inclusive, forget deciding where to go to eat. Want shore diving and a few non-diving activities for wife who is not hardcore. I am not interested in much above water.
Thanks.
Chip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom